Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I AM Pregnant


When I first got the news about this baby -- the no hope news -- the doctor said and I quote, "You may look pregnant and you may feel pregnant..."  Well, as offended as I was, he was right.  I DO look pregnant and with this little guy rolling and kicking all of the time, I DO feel pregnant.

But, he was wrong about one thing-- I AM pregnant.  I am not just carrying a "fetus," I am carrying a baby.  MY baby.  Chris and I are so grateful for Boston Children's Hospital and the hope that the doctors brought with them.  As soon as we told them we intended to fight for this baby, they rolled up their sleeves and said, "Let's get to work."

Currently, I am 26 weeks along and we have passed a very important landmark, one we thought we might not reach.  This baby is viable.  That means that if he were to be delivered right now, he would have a shot at living.  This week, his odds are up to roughly 80%.  I got my fluid levels checked last week and they are within normal range (which has been the main concern for us right now).  Chris and I have dropped all talk of "but what if..." and starting to look towards our future with hope.  We are planning out when to wash the newborn clothes again and stock up on diapers, where to put the bassinet, who is going to watch Lincoln that night, etc.  We are so grateful for the continued prayers of friends and family and know that the miracles that have been occurring these past 6 weeks are largely due to you all. 

And, I think I do look pregnant.  I think pregnant women are perhaps the most beautiful women out there and when I was pregnant with Lincoln, even at 38 weeks, I convinced myself that I didn't look pregnant.  Now, I think I do (at least when I am standing up) and I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for hopeful futures!! And you do look precious. I can't believe a doctor would try to make you feel like you aren't ACTUALLY pregnant. Terrible. But glad that you've passed a major landmark and have a team behind you to help you fight strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely beautiful, Allie

    ReplyDelete